Boasting all the key components for an effective e-bike conversion, the ModWheel 26 Inch 36v 250w Commuter 7-Speed Rear Wheel Direct Drive Electric Bike Kit + Optional Battery is an excellent buy. Including a 26” rear wheel (with an effective 250 watt brushless hub motor and a 7 speed gearing cassette), a lithium battery, LCD speedometer, electronic controller and controller carry bag, you’ll have everything you need to quickly and simply upgrade your existing 7 speed pushbike into a reliable electric bicycle.
The ModWheel Commuter 7-Speed Rear Wheel Kit controller comes with a throttle, brakes, and Pedelec, unlike many other e-bike conversion kits (which may just have a retro-fitted motor). This excellent combination gives riders greater freedom to tailor their riding to suit their own particular needs on any given day. Feeling tired? Or are you in a rush? Engage the throttle for instant electric power which will help you get where you need to go. Riding over undulating trails or traveling into a headwind? Feel like pedaling, but could do with a little assistance? Engage the Pedelec setting on the electronic controller, and the electric motor will provide supplemental support to match your own efforts at pedaling.
The 26” diameter wheel is turned by the 250 watt direct drive hub motor which is concealed within the rear wheel hub. This creates a natural riding sensation that will feel comfortable to first-time e-bike riders (front hub motors can feel unnatural initially due to the differing sensation). Since the rear hub motor is situated underneath the majority of the weight of a rider there is less chance of the bike slipping out when accelerating across loose or wet surfaces. This makes the ModWheel Commuter 7-Speed Rear Wheel Kit a great choice for use on mountain bikes or when you are planning to travel off-road. As an added bonus, the extra weight pressing down on the rear hub motor actually works to minimize vibrations, making the operation of the motor quieter (when compared to other electric bike motors).
The optional add on battery is a 36 volt, 11 amp hour lithium battery, which has a recharge time of just 5 hours. This enables an average range of up to 25 miles, with a maximum speed of 15 miles per hour.
- Effective 250 watt brushless direct drive hub motor and a 7 speed gearing cassette
- Everything you need to quickly and simply upgrade your existing 7 speed pushbike
- Engage the Pedelec setting and the electric motor will provide supplemental support
- Start the throttle for instant electric power which will help you get where you need to go
- 36 volt, 11 amp hour lithium battery, which has a recharge time of just 5 hours
- Motor Size: 36v 250w
- Wheel Sprocket: 7-Speed Cassette
- Motor Type: Direct Drive Hub
- Top Speed: 15 MPH
- Riding Distance: 25 Miles
- Operation: LED Lit On/Off Button and Locking Key
- Weight: Around 6.5 lbs.
- Capacities: 36V/11AH
- Charging Cycles: Over 800 times
- Charge Time: 5 Hours
- Compatibility: Can be used with 36v 250w and 36v 500w electric bike wheels
- 1x 26" 36v 250w Commuter 7-Speed Rear Electric Bicycle Wheel w/ Brushless Motor
- 1x Electronic Controller w/ Thumb Throttle, Brakes, and Pedellic
- 1x Controller Bag
- 1x LCD Speedometer
- Optional 36V 11AH Lithium Battery
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
As the ad says rear wheel plus battery but did not include battery
PAS error The PAS was acting up when I assembled it. Got my replacement after a couple of days. All good. Everything is fixed now.
Great kit. Great kit. No issues or what have you.
awesome awesome performance on trails. my friends are already asking where I bought it. Everyone of us are impressed with it. Looking forward to buying more from our Bike Team!
great product from bikeberry I installed this on my mountain bike and it's great for riding off-road. The power I'm getting is just enough for daily support on my early morning exercise. It runs smoothly and does its job. Thank you bikeberry.