SSR Motorsports began in 2002 with the idea of importing and distributing power-sports products such as small off road pit bike motorcycles. By 2006, the business had grown to the point where they were also importing all-terrain vehicles, utility terrain vehicles and electric scooters. Their stable of imports now includes the SSR Motorsports 500W Trail Viper Folding Fat Tire Electric Bike, an e-bike designed for use both on and off road.
The folding frame of the Trail Viper makes this an excellent off road bike for those looking to travel with their electric bike, but who have minimal storage space. In addition to folding down, the frame is also fully adjustable, so you can achieve a smaller fit than with a standard folding bike, plus, with a quick release front wheel you can reduce the size and weight of this electric bike even further.
In addition to assisting with portability, the adjustable quick release seat collar and telescoping stem give you the advantage of being able to set the Trail Viper up to suit your specific height. In addition to going up and down, the stem even allows you to change the angle, ensuring you a comfortable ride regardless of your size and shape.
The SSR Motorsports Trail Viper is what is known as a “fat tire” bike due to its 20” Chaoyang tires that are an impressive 4" wide. This wide style of tire has become hugely popular in the last few years because of their impressive ability to tackle all different sorts of terrain. Whether you are riding across sand dunes, tackling a back woods trail or even travelling across snow, the fat tires will give you the traction that you need. Paired with the smaller diameter wheels (20” compared to the standard 26”), the Trail Viper has improved maneuverability, making it an ideal choice when navigating on road through the urban jungle.
The Trail Viper has the upgraded 500 watt Bafang brushless rear hub motor, which is powered by a 36 volt lithium-ion battery. With 9 levels of pedal assist (PAS), a 6-speed Shimano Tourney transmission system and a Class 2 twist throttle, with the Trail Viper folding electric bike you have the ability to customize your ride to suit the conditions. The 12 magnet cadence sensor ensures a smooth and steady ride regardless of how hard you are pedaling.
- Folding frame for improved portability
- Adjustable quick release seat collar and telescoping stem for customized setup
- 20” Chaoyang fat tires that are 4” wide for improved traction off road
- Wn upgraded 500 watt Bafang brushless rear hub motor
- 9 levels of pedal assist, 6-speed Shimano Tourney transmission system and Class 2 twist throttle
- Weight: 56 lbs
- Frame: Aluminum-alloy, 17” folding mid-step
- Gearing: 6-speed 1x6 Shimano Tourney
- Shifter: SIS index shifter on right bar
- Pedals: Wellgo plastic platform, folding
- Stem: Telescoping adjustable height, adjustable angle
- Brakes: TEKTRO mechanical disc with 160 mm rotors, TEKTRO levers with motor inhibitor
- Tires: Chaoyang, 20" x 4"
- Accessories: Single side kickstand, integrated 7 LED headlight, basic independent LED backlight (uses 2 AA batteries), plastic bash guard pant protector, basic flick bell
- Motor: 500W Bafang rear-mounted geared hub motor
- Battery: 500W- 36 volt 10AH lithium-ion, 500W- 48 volt 10.5AH
- Charge Time: 4 hours
- Distance: 10-25 miles
- Display: Bafang C961, Fixed Monochrome Backlit LCD (shows speed, battery level, assist level (1-9), odometer, trip distance, timer)
- Drive Mode: Twist Throttle, Cadence Sensing Pedal Assist (12 Magnet Pedelec)