A company built on importing and distributing power-sports products, it is no surprise that SSR Motorsports should now be turning their attention to powerful electric mountain bikes. The SSR Motorsports 500W Sand Viper Fat Tire Mountain Bike is a well-balanced, powerful and surprisingly affordable mountain bike that comes with a range of great accessories included. No ordinary mountain bike, the Sand Viper e-bike is truly ready for anything.
One of the best features of this electric mountain bike is the inclusion of 4” wide fat tires, which have been slowly but surely changing the way riders view off road biking. These durable all-terrain fat tires are 26” in diameter and are capable of riding over a whole host of varied and exotic terrains; whether it is cruising along a sandy beach, trekking through a snowy wilderness or tackling the hills on a back woods trail, the fat tires are up for the challenge. These all-terrain tires are also ideally suited to travelling within suburbia and even inner-city riding, providing a smooth and comfortable journey.
An 18” hardtail electric mountain bike (with a solid aluminum-alloy frame and the suspension fork at the front), the Sand Viper has a 500 watt 8Fun geared rear hub motor to ensure riders will be able to tackle whatever the mountain trails might throw at them. A long lasting 48 volt, 10.4 amp hour lithium-ion battery is mounted to the downtube of the frame to keep the center of gravity low and improve the overall balance and stability of the Sand Viper e-bike. Charging in just 5 hours, this battery has the potential to power the Sand Viper 20-30 miles (depending on rider weight and terrain covered).
As bonus extras, the Sand Viper electric mountain bike comes standard with front and rear LED lights, inbuilt suspension to the seat post, a padded saddle and ergonomic grips. For improved functionality, the Sand Viper also has a matching rear rack that can be used for strapping items to.
In view of all these fantastic components, it is little wonder that Electric Bike Review founder Court Rye should go on the record with his approval of the Sand Viper, saying: "I've tested a lot of fat tire electric bikes in the past year and the Sand Viper is one of my favorites”.
- Durable all-terrain fat tires are 26” in diameter and 4” wide
- 18” hardtail electric mountain bike with solid aluminum-alloy frame and suspension fork at the front
- 500 watt 8Fun geared rear hub motor and long lasting 48 volt, 10.4 amp hour lithium-ion battery
- Downtube mounted battery keeps the center of gravity low and improves balance and stability
- Front and rear LED lights, inbuilt suspension to the seat post, a padded saddle and ergonomic grips
- Motor: 500W 8Fun geared rear hub motor
- Battery: 48 volt, 10.4 AH downtube mounted lithium-ion battery
- Charge Time: 5 hours
- Distance: 20 to 30 miles
- Display: Fixed monochrome backlit LCD, speed, battery level, assist level (1-5), odometer, trip distance, current
- Drive Modes: Twist Throttle, Cadence Sensing Pedal Assist (12 Magnet Pedelec)
- Transmission: Shimano 7-speed Acera S/S derailleur
- Brakes: Front and rear disc brakes 160mm
- Wheel/Tire: Aluminum-alloy / 26” x 4” All Terrain Fat Tire
- Frame: Aluminum-alloy, 18”
- Total Bike Weight: 53 lbs
- Weight Capacity: 280 lbs
Outside of your shipping department I’d say was a pleasant experience. You printed my shipping label the same day I placed the order. However it was over a week before the item ever left your facility.
Well worth the money. I've received great service from BikeBerry!