Tired of truing your motorized bike wheels every fifty miles or so? Let’s face it, even the heaviest-duty spoked wheels still need plenty of maintenance and eventually need to be rebuilt. But with the BBR Tuning 26 Inch Heavy Duty Motorized Bike Front and Rear Mag Wheel you’ll be able to ride longer and faster with more security than regular bike wheels ever gave you.
These alloy wheels are meant for heavy riding. Made of heavy duty alloy metal, there are no spokes to worry about other than the 6 big fins that cut through wind a WHOLE lot better than spoked wheels. Unlike standard bike wheel hubs with multiple pieces, these hubs consist of a set of bearings and a thick, sealed alloy center. Most wheels give out easily because of the multiple pieces that combine to make the hub, but because these wheels have no spokes and a solid hub, there’s no need to rebuild your wheels after long rides at high speeds.
Each wheel is disc brake-ready, with 6x stud ports to support nearly any disc brake assembly.
Of course, any tough wheel needs a strong tire. These single-walled wheels have tire lips big enough to fit knobby 26” tires with lots of grip and tubes that hold lots of air. As far as installation, it couldn’t be any easier:
- If you’re using disc brakes, install the disc of your disc brake assembly on to the studs of the wheel and fasten them out (if you’re using caliper brakes, just tighten down the disc brake studs on the rear wheel to fasten the rear sprocket to the wheel)
- Line your wheel with tire liner, then install your tubes and tires as you would normally
- Take one nut and one spacer off of each wheel axle and insert the axle through the wheel’s bearings (leaving a spacer and nut on the other side)
- Once through, reinstall the spacer on to the open side of the wheel
- Install the wheel on to your bike and fasten down the remaining nuts on their axles
- Now you’re ready to ride!
So when you’re ready to make your motorized bike a mad man on the tracks as well as the trails, step up to the BBR Tuning 26 Inch Heavy Duty Motorized Bike Front and Rear Mag Wheel and feel what you’ve been missing.
- Size: 26" x 1”
- Tire Compatibility: 26” x 1.5” – 26” x1.95” tires with Schrader valves
- Brake Compatibility: Disc Brake and Caliper Brake
WARNING: THIS WHEEL SET IS NOT DESIGNED TO BE USED WITH RIM BRAKES. USE OF RIM BRAKES, WHICH STOP THE WHEEL BY PLACING FRICTION ON THE RIM EDGE MAY RESULT IN PREMATURE FAILURE OF THE RIM. ALL MAG WHEELS COME INCLUDED WITH DISC BRAKES AND CALIPERS. IF YOUR BIKE IS NOT DISC BRAKE READY, WE RECOMMEND THE BBR TUNING DISC BRAKE CALIPER BRACKET AVAILABLE ATBBR Tuning Billet Aluminium Disc Brake Caliper Bracket
Its a lot of work to put disc brakes on a bike, having a drum option would me nice.
Also the rim width is only 3/4 of an inch. Should be twice that or more. Otherwise i like the concept no spokes to break and the rims are pretty to look at.
They look great.I can't wait for riding weather to show them off
The items I bought were great but took to long to recieve
The rims seem true and move smoothly. I have yet to put miles on them but I think they will be much better than traditional spoke weeks, especially for a motorized bike
I haven't actually used the wheels yet but from the description on the website they're what they say they are. This is my first motorized bike project and I just ordered the 2 stroke stage 4 engine. I still have a few more small parts to get like bottom bracket & crank, peddles and chain for the standard side. Also handle bars, stem. Seat and neck. Then I'll be ready. I'll say this I was so impressed with the mag wheels that Its what drove me to get my engine Bike Berry rather then somewhere else.