We offer the largest catalog of motors for bicycles in the world. We have 4 main categories of bicycle motor kits: 48cc 2-Stroke, 80cc 2-stroke Kits, and 4 Stroke kits. Whether you’re looking for a budget friend, cheap bicycle engine kit or the best bicycle gas motor money can buy, we’re sure to have the one for you. Below we’ll go over a brief explanation of each of the different types of engine kits.
48cc 2-Stroke Motorized Bicycle Kits:
The 48cc bike motor kits are designed specifically for the legally conscious rider in mind. Many states in the US have a legal limit of 50cc to be classified as a motorized bicycle. Keeping within the legal limit of your state means that you don’t need a license, registration or insurance for your motorized bicycle. For that reason, the 48cc engines are especially popular for those looking to stay within the legal limits of the law.
Now you may be thinking that a 48cc engine will be 25% slower than that of a comparably equipped 66cc engine. That’s not always the case- 48cc motors tend to run smoother and can rev higher than its 66cc counterpart. This translates to lower torque on the bottom end of the engine power curve but comparable top speed on the top end.
80cc/66cc 2-Stroke Motorized Bicycle Kits:
The 80cc 2 Stroke motorized bike kit is by far the best selling engine kit on the market.
The most budget-friendly motorized bike kit available with prices starting at just $139.
Easily repairable- almost every part of this engine kit can be easily replaced.
The most customizable- we carry hundreds of after-market parts to make your engine kit the fast!
Highest torque to displacement ratio of any other motorized bicycle kit.
Easy to troubleshoot- due to the simplistic nature of this bike engine kit type. If the engine will not start or does not run properly, the issue can be easily isolated to either the carburetor, electrical components (magento, CDI or spark plug) or engine compression.
Requires regular maintenance- 2 stroke engines vibrate, a lot. As a result, it is recommended that all bolts and hardware are inspected prior to every ride.
- Fine-tuning of the carburetor air/fuel ratio may be required. Due to differences in elevation, it is recommended to adjust the carburetor’s air/fuel ratio to accommodate the differences in atmospheric air conditions in your specific area. See here for our carburetor adjustment guide.
- Requires mixing of oil and fuel.
- Most prone to engine flooding- if the carburetor is not adjusted properly, or the fuel is not turned off during storage, the engine can flood which will prevent the motorized bicycle from starting.
BikeBerry offers 2 brands of the 66/80cc 2-Stroke Motorized Bicycle Kits:
Mega Motors:The Mega Motors line of bicycle motor kits is our entry-level, budget-friendly line of motorized bike kits. If you’re looking for a cheap bicycle engine kit, this is the model for you. But don’t let the price fool you, this line of motors are fully capable, reliable work-horses that are leaps and bounds better than what the competition offers. The Mega Motor engines feature all the standard upgrades you would expect from a top tier engine. This includes:
- High-grade needle bearings on both ends of the crank.
- Balanced crank from factory
- High grade ball-bearing used on the main bearing.
- 415H heavy duty chain (compared to 410 standard bike chain with other brands)
- Industry’s only true 6-month warranty.
BBR Tuning:The BBR Tuning line of motorized bicycle kits are fully upgraded and considered to be the best quality engines on the market. On top of the upgrades you see with the Mega Motors line, 2 Stroke BBR Tuning line feature:
- A full upgrade of all engine hardware- all of the hardware is upgraded to Grade 8, ultra-strong steel.
- All bolts have been upgraded to use Allen key heads to ensure- these bolts allow the bolt to be torqued down properly without the risk of striping. -
- Intake and exhaust ports have 40mm intake stud spacing for increased airflow into the engine’s combustion chamber. By comparison, the Mega Motors line of engines, as well as most of our competitors use 30mm intake stud spacing.
- Motor mount studs are upgraded to 8mm stud diameter. By comparison, the Mega Motors line and most of our competitors use 6mm engine mount studs. Due to the high-vibration nature of a 2-stroke engine, the 6mm stud configuration is prone to breakage, especially if the studs are not mounted properly or over-tightened.
- The cylinder body of all BBR Tuning 2-stroke motorized bike engines features an open transfer port design. This proprietary open transfer port design is unique to only the BBR Tuning line of engine kits. This design allows for more airflow into the combustion chamber- resulting in more power compared to comparable 80cc displacement motors. This unique design also allows for a 30% reduction in piston ring drag, which results in longer engine life.
BBR Tuning Racing Series:
The Racing Series motorized bicycle kit line is specially designed for those looking to beat the competition on the race track. All of the racing series engines start with the fully upgraded BBR Tuning motorized bicycle kit- they are then bundled with the best performance parts that have been proven to maximize the performance of a motorized bike. There are 4 options to chose from:
Stage 1 Kit: BBR Tuning Motorized Bike Kit + CNC billet high compression head
Stage 2 Kit: Everything in the Stage 1 Kit + Speed Carburetor + Stage 1 CDI + High Velocity Intake Filter
Stage 3 Kit: CNC billet high compression head with extra-large heat sinks + HP Carburetor + Stage 1 CDI with High Velocity Intake Filter + NGK Spark Plug
Stage 4 Kit: Everything in the Stage 3 Kit + High Performance Expansion Chamber.
BBR Tuning 2 Stroke Specialty Line:
The Specialty Line of BBR Tuning motorized bicycle kits include the following:
BBR Tuning Dragon Fire:The Dragon Fire line of motorized bike kits are specially designed with Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI) built directly into the engine. The design places the magento coil directly next to the CDI. With the CDI attached directly next to the magneto instead of outside of the engine, there is lower electrical resistance- resulting in a strong electric spark generated from the spark plug.
BBR Tuning Bullet Train: The Bullet Train engines are the most featured packed bicycle motor kits on the market. This motor for bicycles is the only one on the market with an electrical start built right in. That means just like a traditional motorbike, the engine starts right up with just a push of a button!
4 Stroke Bike Motor Kits
Known for their consistent reliability, the 4 stroke bicycle engine kit is the first choice for people looking for a motorized bicycle for commuting or long-distance riding.
- Higher Torque vs Displacement ratio- 4 stroke pedal bike motors create higher torque at lower RPMs compared to its 2 stroke counterparts.
- Much quieter compared to 2 stroke pedal bike motors.
- More fuel-efficient compared to 2 stroke motors for bicycles.
- More reliable and durable
- A separate oil reservoir built into the bicycle motor, does not require the mixing of oil and fuel.
- 4 Stroke motors for bicycles are more expensive with a starting price of $229.95
- Complicated design, more difficult to repair- 4 stroke bicycle gas motor kits are much more complicated than 2 strokes, making repairs more difficult and costly.
- 4 Stroke bike engines are not as powerful as 2 strokes.
BikeBerry offers 2 styles of 4-stroke motorized bicycle kits.
Center Mount Bike Motors:The center mount configuration is the most popular design due to its traditional look. As the name suggests, the motor is mounted in the center “V” of the bicycle frame, with the chain powering a sprocket attached to the rear wheel. Center mount configuration is offered in the following 2 varieties:
49cc BBR Tuning 5G Motorized Bike Kit- This kit features a Huasheng 49cc engine, a clone to the highly rated and reliable Honda GXH50. The dual chain transmission design of this motor allows for higher torque transfer and low power loss through the transmission.
79cc BBR Tuning “The Beast” bike motor kit- As the name suggests, this is the largest and most powerful 4 stroke engine available. Due to the size of the engine, it is recommended to use only a beach cruiser style bike with a larger center opening.
Rear Mount Bike Motors:The rear mount friction drive bike motor kits are the perfect choice for those looking for the easiest, most user-friendly motorized bike kit. This kit installs in less than an hour. However, because it is a friction drive design where a grooved spindle rotates the wheel, there is a potential for power transfer loss. This configuration is available in 2 motor sizes, 38cc and 49cc. The 38cc is a great choice for those looking for a pedal-assist motorized bike while the 49cc should be chosen if you’re looking for more power.
We're Here to Help
We have thebest customer service and education in the industry. Have questions or need help? Give us a call 1-800-317-0479
Serving You Since 2007
Since 2007, we've shipped over 1 million orders to happy customers. We're the most trusted name in the industry, with the lowest prices and happiest customers!
Fast Shipping Nationwide
With multiple warehouses nationwide, get your order fast! Most orders shipped same-day or next day!
Lifetime Technical Support
We're here to help, no matter what! Get free technical support for the lifetime of your product.