WELCOME to the BikeBerry.com Learning Center. At BikeBerry.com we're dedicated to offering the best and most affordable bicycle engine kits and parts on the net. From our exceptional customer service to high quality engines and engine parts, BikeBerry.com will take you into the next level of riding and turn that old bicycle into a brand new motorized bike!
From here, click any of the sections above to check out the basics of motorized bikes, informational blogs and videos, comparison charts, and how to order a bike engine kit.
What Is a Motorized Bike and What Do I Need to Convert Mine?
Bicycle engine kits are kits that allow you to convert your beach cruiser, road bike, or mountain bike into a motorized bicycle. The engine starts by holding in the clutch lever, pedaling the bicycle, and releasing the clutch. Give the engine throttle and you're off, then hit the kill switch and the engine stops. It's that easy!
Sizing and Fitting
Bicycle engine kits fit most standard 26" wheeled male cruisers, road bikes, and mountain bikes. As long as you have 11" of clearance along the seat tube in the center of your frame, and you have 1"- 1-1/2" diameter frame tubing you should be fine to mount an engine kit to that frame.
Installation requires basic tools:
- Adjustable Wrench
- Zip ties
Each engine kit at BikeBerry.com comes with an installation guide to shows you how to easily install an engine kit onto your bike.
What to Consider When Looking into an Engine Kit
There are other factors such as carburetor configuration, engine maintenance, and overall engine functionality that need to be taken into consideration before motorizing a bike.
- Two stroke bike engines require the rider to premix gas and oil before riding, whereas a four stroke engine does not require one to premix the oil before riding. This will impact how often you maintain your engine and how much you can push your engine.
- Some high performance mufflers offer great torque, while others offer a smoother ride. This will impact the performance of your motorized bike should you choose to upgrade your exhaust.
- CNS High Performance carburetors offer higher performance than standard carburetors, but also require intense tuning and has more complicated installation procedures. This will impact the ability to use the motor with an upgraded carburetor, as it will take advanced knowledge and tuning outside of basic installation if you want to build a racing engine.
Overall, a bicycle engine kit will take your bike to the new level so it's important to consider everything- from engine style to performance and upgrades- before you build.
Though all motorized bicycles and bike engine kits are different, and all have their different quirks to figure out, all engine kits have their sense of fun. Whether you're looking to use an engine to help you on your rides or looking for a fun source of transportation, a motorized bike will get you where you want to go and requires little mechanical skill. From novices to advanced builders and mechanics, bicycle engine kits will give you the power you've always wanted out of your bike!
For in-depth information on bicycle engine kits, performance parts, maintenance, and more click here to check out our blog.
Not much for reading? No problem! We also dive head-first into motorized bikes on our YouTube channel. Click here to check them out!
WELCOME to the most important step in getting you on the road: choosing the right motor for you!
Buying a motorized bike engine kit can be a daunting task, so we've broken down everything you need to know about our BBR Tuning, Flying Horse and Mega Motors bicycle engine kits to make the best choice the easiest choice for you.
We're here to help you make the best, most informed choice when picking out the right motor for your style of riding. Whether you're shopping for your first bicycle engine kit or you're planning your 50th motorized bicycle build, we'll make sure you've got the perfect motor. From racers to weekend riders and everyone in between, we've got an engine kit for everyone and this is your chance to choose yours:
If you have questions about anything you see below, or simply prefer to talk to a live representative, give us a call at 1-800-317-0479 from Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5pm PSD or email us your questions at email@example.com.
Now that you've decided on the best engine for you it's time to place an order! Feel free to contact a live representative to answer any more questions you have, or to place an order Monday- Friday during normal business hours. You can also place an order and check out all the information on our engines, bikes, and parts 24/7 here online.
Placing Orders Over the Phone: You can call us at 1 (800) 317-0479 Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5pm PST. A live representative will be more than happy to place an order for you and answer any questions you may have about any of our products.
Placing Orders Online: You can also place orders 24/7 online at BikeBerry.com. To place an order, follow these simple steps:
- Simply click on the item you'd like more information on.
- Click "Add to Cart" to place the part(s) in your virtual cart.
- Click "View Cart & Checkout" to view your cart when the pop-up prompt allows, or click "Shopping Cart" at the top of the page to enter the cart.
- Calculate your shipping charge by selecting the applicable country, state/province, and postal code in to their fields, then click "Get a Quote" to generate a shipping charge.
- After selecting the shipping options that work for you, click "Update Total" then "Proceed to Checkout." From there, simply
- Enter your billing information and once your order is completed you will be redirected to our confirmation page where you will see your order confirmation number.
- If you have an email, your invoice and tracking number will be sent to you virtually.
- Otherwise, feel free to contact us during normal business hours and we'll be happy to give you any information on your order that you need.
Placing Orders In Person: That's right- if you live in Southern California (or if you're going to be in the area) we always welcome walk-in's! You'll have the chance to speak to a live representative and check out any parts you need in person. You can also place an order in-house* and one of our outstanding customer service representatives will assist in completing your order. We are available at our Brea, Ca office at the following address:
735 Challenger St
Brea, Ca 92821
Buy From a Company You Can Trust: At BikeBerry.com we strive for the very best out of our representatives and our parts. That means standing behind our products and offering you excellent customer service in order to get you on the road as quickly as possible. We are not a mom-and-pop engine dealer like other sites out there who cannot back their engines with warranties, nor are we a big, faceless corporation. BikeBerry.com offers lifetime technical support on all parts and engine kits on top of already great warranties, and customer support beyond compare.
*Due to California Air and Resource Board emissions standards, we are unable to ship 2-stroke engine kits to California residents or allow pick-up's for 2-stroke engine kits in-house. However, we can still offer all 2-stroke replacement parts (cylinders, crankcases, pistons, cranks, etc...)