With a dream of changing the mindset of every day Americans, Green Bike USA have been all about promoting electric bikes as a viable, economical and environmentally friendly alternative to the traditional daily commute by a gas guzzling car. The electric bike community have certainly been paying attention, as the Green Bike USA range of folding e-bikes continues to improve with every new release, as evident when comparing the Green Bike USA 500W GB2 Electric Cruiser Bike with some of its predecessors.
The GB-05 was one of the first releases from Green Bike USA, a unique folding e-bike that came with a full suspension setup, a concept that was unusual at a time when most folding bike manufacturers would forgo suspension in the name of reducing weight. Building on this early popularity, Green Bike USA has kept the fantastic suspension setup for the GB2 electric cruiser, which includes a Top Gun suspension fork in addition to a suspension seat, to ensure you get the smoothest and most comfortable ride possible.
Another impressive upgrade on the Green Bike USA GB2 cruiser is the 9 levels of pedal assist now available, in addition to the Class 2 thumb throttle. This setup runs off the 500 watt rear hub motor and is complemented by the Shimano 6-speed transmission system. This reliable combination ensures that you have the convenience of gearing for when you want to pedal independently of the electric motor but you encounter various grades of incline; additionally, you also have the ability to engage pedal assist for when you come across a strong headwind and need a little assistance to make pedaling easier. Alternatively, for those times when you want consistent speed with minimum sweat (hurrying to work for that big presentation with the boss), you can use the simple to operate twist throttle and rely fully on the electric motor to get you from A to B.
The electric motor runs off a fast charging 36 volt, 10.4 amp hour lithium-ion battery from Samsung, which is cleverly concealed for maximum protection. The battery can achieve a full recharge in as little as 3-6 hours and has the potential to drive the GB2 electric cruiser bike in excess of 50 miles (a vast improvement on the more limited 15-20 mile range that many e-bikes offer).
- Top Gun suspension fork in addition to a suspension seat
- 9 levels of pedal assist now available, in addition to the Class 2 thumb throttle
- 500 watt rear hub motor complemented by a Shimano 6-speed transmission system
- Fast charging 36 volt, 10.4 amp hour lithium-ion battery from Samsung
- Battery can achieve a full recharge in as little as 3-6 hours
- Battery: Fast charging hidden lithium-ion Samsung battery 36V/10.4Ah
- Motor: Powerful 8 FUN 500W motor
- Display: Big LCD multi-functional display to watch your speed, distance, time, level assist
- Suspension: Front suspension fork and suspension seat
- Brakes: Front & rear TEKTRO disc brakes
- Gears: Shimano 6 speed gears
- PAS: 9 levels pedal assist
- Tires: Puncture proof Kenda tires 26”
- Charger: AC 100V-240V 2A
- Charging Time: 3-6 hours
- Throttle: Thumb Throttle
- Frame: 6061 aluminum-alloy
- Rim: Aluminum-alloy
- Brake Lever: Aluminum-alloy with motor cut-off
- Saddle: Velo Big Saddle
- Seatpost: Suspension
- Lighting: Front and Rear LED lights connect power control from display
- Other: Left/right turn signals operated from handlebar; electric horn; brake light