With a lightweight and well balanced frame, the X-Treme 500W Catalina Electric Cruiser Bike is an upgraded electric cruiser, with a more powerful battery than that included with earlier X-Treme models. With good quality components and a beverage holder and basket included as standards, it is no wonder the X-Treme Catalina is an in demand model of electric cruiser.
To ensure that the Catalina is “beach friendly” the frame is composed of 100% hand welded aluminum, including all nuts, bolts and spokes. This ensures that the Catalina will not rust, even when exposed to areas of high humidity or when taken down to the beach. The frame has a step through design that makes it easier for those with limited flexibility or poor balance to still mount and dismount confidently. For improved functionality, the Catalina e-bike comes standard with a removable folding basket that can be attached in front of the handlebars, or on either side of the rear carry rack (dependent on rider preference). The Catalina e-bike also includes a high quality beverage holder so you don’t have to worry about how you will carry your water bottle when out for a ride.
To improve the energy efficiency of the X-Treme Catalina e-bike, it has been outfitted with a King Meter 5-speed Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) which can be controlled by the rider using the LCD screen conveniently attached to the handlebars. The 5 separate speeds of the power assist system enable you to control the power consumption of the motor, which in turn enables the Catalina to operate twice as efficiently as an electric bike without a Smart Power Assist System.
The lightweight battery pack is integrated directly into the downtube of the e-bike frame, providing improved weight distribution for a higher level of balance and stability. The battery itself is an upgraded compact lithium-ion LiFePo4 48 volt, 10.4 amp hour which can achieve a full recharge in as little as 3 hours. This long lasting battery can drive the Bafang 500 watt zero resistance rear hub motor with clutch up to 70 miles on a single charge (although this is of course dependent on the conditions of each individual ride, including wind strength, terrain, rider weight and what level of SPAS is selected).
- Lightweight and well balanced frame composed of 100% hand welded aluminum
- Comes standard with removable folding basket and high quality beverage holder
- Step through design makes it easier for those with limited flexibility or poor balance to ride
- Upgraded compact lithium-ion LiFePo4 48 volt, 10.4 amp hour battery
- King Meter 5-speed Smart Power Assist System (SPAS)
- Motor: Bafang 500 watt zero resistance rear hub motor with clutch
- Battery: 48 Volt LiPo4 Lithium integrated (lightweight)
- DriveSystem: Chain driven by rear hub motor or pedal power
- Distance: Up to 70 miles range using low PAS & flat terrain while pedal assisting
- Charger: 48 Volt UL certified charger
- ChargingTime +/- 3 hours
- TireSize: Kenda Beach Cruiser tire & tube - 26 x 2.10 inch on aluminum wheels
- Controller: 48 Volt 15 amp sealed smart controller
- BrakingSystem: TEKTRO disc brakes with hydraulic upgrade option
- ThrottleType: Variable Speed Thumb Throttle - SPAS Power Assisted - Pedal Power
- LCDDisplay: King Meter LCD Smart PAS Digital System with USB phone charging port
- CargoRack: Aluminum rear carry rack
- FrameType/Size: 6061-T6 Temper aluminum-alloy - very lightweight - step through
- Forks: Suntour 700C hydraulic front forks
- Derailleur: Shimano 9-speed Atlus gears & shifter
- Seat & Post: Aluminum-alloy adjustable seat post & Velo Beach Cruiser Bike seat
- QuickRelease: Front & rear wheels have quick release axles - flip lever
- Handlebars: Aluminum-alloy mountain bike handle bars
- Accessories: Drink holder on handle bars included
- CartonSize: (L x W x H) 55” x 9” x 28”
- SuggestedMaxWeight: 350 lbs