At first glance, the X-Treme 300W Newport Electric Cruiser Bike resembles a typical cruiser e-bike, with sweptback handlebars and a big fat saddle. But a closer inspection reveals the Newport electric cruiser to be anything but ordinary, with a 100% aluminum hand welded frame, an array of great features and high quality components.
High-quality and low maintenance, the X-Treme Newport electric cruiser bike is fitted with a 300 watt rear hub brushless motor (located in the center of the rear wheel). Brushless motors are able to produce more overall power (generally speaking) than a typical brush motor. This is because brushes in a motor will occasionally drag, which then results in friction and a corresponding voltage drop. With a brushless motor you can assume less maintenance and a longer life for your motor, and in turn your battery, since charging will be required less often as a result of more efficient energy use. This improved efficiency allows the Newport electric cruiser bike to travel a distance of 15-20 miles from a single battery charge. The 24 volt (each cell is 3.6 volts) 7 x lightweight lithium batteries are in a sealed removable pack and have a faster than average recharge time, at a maximum of 4 hours.
For added functionality, the Newport electric cruiser is outfitted with a rear cargo rack and a folding basket at no additional cost. The basket can be conveniently hung from either side of the cargo rack, or alternatively, it can be attached to the front of the handlebars. Another standard inclusion is the disc brakes which have been installed at both the front and rear for superior stopping power. To boost rider comfort, the X-Treme Newport has a Beach Cruiser saddle that is wide and fat, with dual spring suspension installed to cushion you from any bumps in the road.
With 26" x 2.25" Kenda Balloon Street tires on aluminum rims, a 7-speed set of gears and shifter from Shimano and a quick release front axle for improved portability, the X-Treme Newport electric cruiser bike is anything but ordinary!
- 24 volt (each cell is 3.6 volts) 7 x lightweight lithium batteries in a sealed removable pack
- 300 watt rear hub brushless motor (located in the center of the rear wheel)
- Faster than average recharge time, at a maximum of 4 hours
- Improved efficiency allows you to travel a distance of 15-20 miles from a single battery charge
- 26" x 2.25" Kenda Balloon Street tires on aluminum rims and a quick release front axle
- Motor: 300 watt brushless hub motor - motor is in center of rear wheel
- Gears: 7-speed Shimano Tourney gears & shifter
- Battery: 24 V (each cell is 3.6 volts) 7 x lightweight lithium batteries in a sealed removable pack
- TireSize: 26" x 2.25" Kenda Balloon Street tires on aluminum rims
- Charger: Smart Charger Included
- ToolKit: Included
- Distance: Up to 15 to 20 miles per charge - can still pedal if charge is lost
- ThrottleType: Variable Speed Control, Twist Throttle, Pedal & Power Assisted (PAS), Pedal Only
- Frame Type/Size: 100% Aluminum - very lightweight / 18"
- Forks: Lightweight Beach Cruiser forks
- FrontWheel: Quick release front axle for easy transporting
- Seat: Big - Wide - Comfort Beach Cruiser seat with suspension
- Fenders: Full coverage aluminum fenders / mud guards
- Brakes: Front and rear disk brakes
- DriveSystem: Rear hub motor (motor is in rear rim) + pedal power
- BicycleWeight: 50 lbs (Including the lightweight battery pack)
- MaximumRiderWeight: 350 lbs
- CargoRack: Included
- Basket: Lightweight folding basket - hangs on handlebars or rear rack