Exclusive Limited Time Offer: Bikeberry.com customers will receive a FREE Poplock bicycle lock with the purchase of the X-Treme 300W 24V Trail Maker Elite Mountain Electric Bike ($84.95 value!)
The X-Treme 300W Trail Maker Mountain Bike is practically a veteran of the electric mountain bike industry, having been around for over 8 years. Despite the fact that there are now newer and more high tech models available, the Trail Maker has remained extremely popular with a wide demographic of consumers. This is due to the fact the Trail Maker has a solid reputation for being a reliable and cost effective option for those looking to purchase an electric mountain bike.
The X-Treme Trail Maker e-bike has a 100% aluminum frame that is both lightweight and durable. The 18” frame has a relatively high stand-over height (the distance between the top tube of the bike and the ground), so it may be less user friendly for shorter riders, the elderly or anyone struggling with balance (in which case X-Treme recommends they look at the comparable X-Treme Trail Climber mountain bike which has a shorter stand-over height).
The Trail Maker e-bike is fitted with 7-Speed Shimano Tourney gears, making it an easy ride over undulating gradients. If you are looking for a little extra power, the simple twist throttle action located on the handlebars will engage the motor to supplement your forward propulsion, or even take over completely if you’re tired out and looking for a break from pedaling. The 300 watt brushless rear hub motor is chain driven and connected to a total of 24 volts from the removable lithium-ion battery (7 x 3.6 volt lithium LiFePo4 batteries provide the total voltage). The batteries provide enough charge for an approximate 15 to 20 miles of riding solely with the electric motor, although this distance will of course increase with supplementary pedal power.
The Trail Maker electric mountain bike is fitted with both front and rear disc brakes ensuring reliable stopping power even on downhill trails. The inclusion of a shock absorbing seat post combined with a RST Carve front hydraulic fork provides the Trail Maker e-bike with excellent suspension for when you hit bumps in the road. The X-Treme Trail Maker also comes fitted with a headlight and cargo rack, in addition to an X-Treme Tool Kit which is included as standard.
- Chain driven 300 watt brushless rear hub motor
- Simple twist throttle action located on the handlebars for supplementary forward propulsion
- 24 volts removable lithium-ion battery (7 x 3.6 volt lithium LiFePo4 batteries provide the total voltage)
- Comes fitted with a headlight and cargo rack, in addition to an X-Treme Tool Kit
- 7-Speed Shimano Tourney gears make it an easy ride over undulating gradients
- Batteries: 24 volts total (7 x 3.6 volt lithium LiFePo4 batteries)
- Distance: 15 to 20 miles per charge
- Tires: 26” x 1.95” on Aluminum Wheels
- Charger: 24V 8Ah Smart Charger Included
- Motor: 300 watt brushless Hub Motor
- Gears & Speeds: 7-Speed Shimano Tourney gears & shifter
- Tool Kit: Included
- Throttle Type: Variable speed control (twist throttle) or pedal & power assisted
- Key Start: Yes
- Frame: 100% Aluminum - Very Light Weight - 18 Inches
- Forks: RST Carve front hydraulic forks
- Brakes: Front & rear disk brakes
- Drive System: Chain driven by rear hub motor within rear rim or pedal power
- Headlight: Yes
- Cargo Rack: Included
- Carton Size (L x W x H): 54 x 9 x 28
- Bicycle Weight: 52 lbs.
- Suggested Max Weight: 350 lbs.