Why Should You Upgrade Your 2-Stroke Exhaust?There are a few reasons why you should considering upgrading your 2-stroke engine with a high-performance exhaust.
- Faster speeds: One of the main reasons motorized bicycle riders switch to a high-performance 2-stroke muffler is to get more out of their ride. For a lot of folks, achieving higher speeds is a great perk to installing a high-performance component on their bike.
- Better torque: A lot of riders prefer quicker acceleration and ease while climbing inclines over top speed. The right 2-stroke expansion chamber will provide better torque for any motorized bike. With most high-performance parts, you might have to trade in faster speeds for powerful torque, though there are a few exhaust systems out there that can give you both solid torque and a bit of a speed boost.
- Noise output: Motorized bicycles are loud. As such, maybe you want to lower the noise level. The right 2-stroke muffler will bring the overall noise an engine makes down quite a bit. Of course, just like some motorized bicycle enthusiasts may want a bike that purrs, some might want an engine that roars. If that’s you, there are definitely a few options out there for you.
How Does Upgrading Your 2-Stroke Exhaust Improve Performance?Upgraded exhausts improve on two things: the expansion chamber and the pipe. Each upgraded muffler will improve on one or both of these, so let's check out how each work to give you the performance you're looking for.
Expansion ChamberA 2-stroke engine exhaust uses its expansion chamber to process a motorized bike’s air/fuel mixture. It does this by first pulling spent gases out of a 2-stroke engine cylinder. The expansion chamber then draws a fresh air/fuel mixture into the cylinder. This creates a boost or “charge” effect. An expansion chamber can be either part of a muffler or it can be the muffler itself. Take the F2 Thrust muffler and the Expansion Chamber: the Thrust muffler has an expansion chamber built onto the pipe, whereas the Expansion Chamber is an entire muffler in itself. Regardless of how your exhaust system implements an expansion chamber, this component will help improve the power of your engine and the smoothness of the ride.
Exhaust PipeThe exhaust pipe is the part of the exhaust system that connects to the expansion chamber. Interestingly enough, the length of an exhaust pipe plays a major role in a motorized bike's performance. For example, a shorter pipe releases exhaust much faster. Depending on the diameter of the 2-stroke muffler and whether or not it has a baffle, a shorter exhaust could actually increase power a bit. On the flipside, a longer pipe smooths out the exhaust before releasing it, leading to a smoother ride. That said, though longer high-performance exhausts can give you a bit of a boost, they're not as fast as shorter pipes. Now that you know how upgrading will improve the speed, sound, and performance of your engine, let's talk about the best options for your 2-stroke motorized bike.
Top 10 High-Performance 2-Stroke Exhaust SystemsThere's an exhaust for any 2-stroke motorized bike rider. Whether you want a quieter ride, more power, or a smoother running engine, the right exhaust system will unlock the performance you're looking for. That's why we got to work testing out a number of high performance exhausts. Let's take a look at the best exhausts for your bicycle engine.
1. Editor's Choice: BBR Tuning DELUXE High Performance Expansion ChamberFast speeds and smooth riding are what the BBR Tuning Deluxe High-Performance Expansion Chamber is all about. The large expansion chamber design of this component helps circulate exhaust more effectively than stock mufflers. As a result, your 2-stroke engine will utilize gas to give you better speeds and fuel efficiency. In addition, due to this 2-stroke expansion chamber’s wider size, fumes are circulated much better. That means less carbon buildup, less exhaust maintenance, and a longer-lasting component.
2. Best Acceleration: BBR Tuning High Performance F2 Thrust Exhaust MufflerMost exhausts take up to 11 seconds to reach top speed, but the BBR Tuning High-Performance F2 Thrust Exhaust Muffler does it in about 6 seconds. The long, baffle-less design of this high-performance muffler helps push your 2-stroke motorized bicycle forward, so you can get the crazy speeds you need whether you’re racing against other riders or speeding through your commute. Rather than moving exhaust through slowly, the F2 Thrust Exhaust Muffler expels gas a lot quicker, giving you fast speeds every time you ride. And you won’t have to worry about a rough ride, either — thanks to this high-performance muffler’s long expansion chamber, you’ll get a smoother ride. If you want fast speeds and smooth riding — not to mention an engine that sounds as powerful as it feels — the F2 Thrust Exhaust Muffler is a great choice for your 2-stroke engine.
3. Quietest Exhaust: Street Poo-Poo Muffler ExhaustIf you want to give your motorized bike a bit of an edge without all the noise, the Street Poo-Poo Muffler Exhaust features a cool look as well as solid performance. This high-performance 2-stroke muffler features a long pipe perfect for motorized chopper bikes. This longer style of exhaust also allows for both lower sound and smoother riding. In addition to its unique look, the Street Poo-Poo Muffler Exhaust also provides faster acceleration. So if you're looking for a good high-performance 2-stroke muffler that'll give you some power in addition to its lower noise output, this is the exhaust for you.
4. Most Customizable: BBR Tuning Flex Fit Poo Poo Motocross MufflerThe BBR Tuning Flex Fit Poo Poo Motocross Muffler is one of the most versatile high-performance mufflers on the market. This is thanks in large part to its flexible pipe, which can be wrapped around virtually any motorized bike — even a motorized lowrider bike! The expansion chamber helps increase your 2-stroke motorized bike’s power, while the enlarged silencer keeps sound to a minimum. So if you need an extra bit of power but can’t fit a big, bulky high-performance 2-stroke muffler, the Flex Fit offers flexibility without sacrificing speed.
Our Price: $74.99 | Click Here to Buy This High-Performance 2-Stroke Muffler
5. Best for Beginners: Expansion Chamber with MufflerThe Expansion Chamber with Muffler is a fine choice for motorized bike riders installing their first high-performance 2-stoke muffler. Easy installation aside, this component is a solid all-around upgrade. The wider design of the expansion chamber allows for increased airflow, giving you a smoother ride on your motorized bicycle. The attached muffler provides your 2-stroke engine with noise suppression, lowering the overall sound your motorized bicycle makes. In addition, the muffler can be removed. So if you want your motorized bicycle to make some noise and get a little more power behind it, you can easily take the muffler off and give it a nice bump in sound and performance.
Our Price: $49.95 | Click Here to Buy This High-Performance 2-Stroke Muffler